Who am I?
I’m Jillian Boyd – author of erotic fiction, sex and relationships blogger and editor. I’ve been blogging at ladylaidbare.com since 2011 (although the blog wasn’t always at that address) and I’ve been an author since… well, about eight months after I picked up the blogging pen. They kinda came in rapid succession.
Pun not intended, obviously.
How did I get started writing erotic fiction?
I guess I’ve always been writing in some sort of capacity, from the dozens of half-finished diaries I kept as a kid to the short stories I did for school and the things I just scribbled when I was bored. When my blog was still in its infancy, I decided to try my hand at a couple of erotic writing memes that were going at the time – and I discovered that I really, really liked writing about people having sex. I loved writing everything from the build-up, from the first meeting to the first tentative bits of flirting to the moment where the tension becomes too much and the only relief is each other.
So, one thing lead to another, and after a long conversation with a close friend, I decided to write and send off my first short story. To my absolute shock, it got accepted and that was that. I was done for and as I wrote more and more and read more and more I fell deeply in love with the erotica genre, and its warm and open-minded community.
Where have I been published?
You can find a list of all the things I’ve been published in on the Published Works page [currently under construction]
Ten random things about me…
- I’m a big Doctor Who fan, and I think people who skip Nine should really, really reconsider their choice.
- Whenever I’m feeling a bit low, I have but to glance at my email spam to get a good giggle (Favourite one to date is the one with the subject header Evan Rachel Wood Loves Your Nine Inch Cock, which…???)
- I make a pretty killer mac and cheese.
- Top five books I will gladly reread over and over again for the rest of my life, in no particular order: The Siren by Tiffany Reisz, Wallbanger by Alice Clayton, The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero and Tom Bissell, How To Make Love Like a Porn Star: A Cautionary Tale by Jenna Jameson and Neil Strauss and Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh.
- I am a card-carrying, true and true fan of the cult film The Room and I have been in the presence of both Mr. Tommy Wiseau (magnificent mane of hair) and Mr. Greg Sestero (pretty damn hot).
- For about six months in 2009, my ultimate dream was to leave everything behind and become a rancher in the Australian outback (I now live in London, so that tells you what became of that…)
- I still credit the start of my erotica writing career to one conversation with one person – the wonderful Elenya Lewis.
- I am in a decade-and-a-bit commited relationship with Total Film magazine, which I’ve been hooked on since my early teens.
- I am in a two-and-a-bit year commited relationship with this bloke, and I am hooked on his everything.
- I still know the entire dance routine to 5,6,7,8 by Steps and I AM NOT ASHAMED WHATSOEVER.